It's been a rough evening while Alan has been getting his first chemotherapy treatment. The drugs have been irritating him and he's so tired of being poked and prodded constantly. We haven't been able to get a BP all day because his crying and wailing throw the readings off. He tried to shake the sensor for measuring his pulse off his toe and batted away the stethoscope. Even taking a temperature has become a fight. Our nurse this evening commented on how mad he got just when he saw her enter the room.
I know we've said our boy is a fighter, but this isn't what we meant. They promise he'll get used to it over time, but I just don't see how.
I don't know if you remember me, but I met up with you at Dynamoze when I first joined the mom's club--my son Ian and your son Alan are the same age. I can't stop thinking about you. You are in my thoughts & prayers, and I know you will all get through this. Be strong.
ReplyDeleteRachel Cheleuitte
I will keep my fingers crossed that when he isn't in so much pain and not so restless that his mood will improve. Can't blame the little dude, I would be cranky too. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteJenn
I'm so sorry he's having a hard time. Try to keep your spirits up. Hopefully, it will get better soon. I hope you can all get some rest tonight. We're praying for you! I'm hoping I can come visit you on Wednesday. My parents are watching Dylan and hopefully my cold will be gone.
ReplyDeleteJudy/Harold,
ReplyDeleteI just heard today about your son, from my sister Maria. I will keep all of you in my prayers.
God Bless,
Molly
You two are such good parents. We are thinking of you constantly and praying for your strength and courage for the road ahead.
ReplyDelete