Warning: Poopy talk ahead.Hurray! Even though he's had very little to eat or drink other than water over the last few days, Alan had a massive blowout this morning. That has to be cleaning his pipes out and he's definitely feeling better. Between the codeine and the chemotherapy, we will have to watch out for constipation.
After a nice long morning nap, we took our first trip to park after coming home. He loved the fresh air, the sunshine and the breeze in his hair. What a welcome change from the dark hospital room!
My name is Patti and I am Denise's Fort WOrth nurse friend...I read your blog every morning and I have been so pleased to hear and see Alan;s progress-you are all doing such a great job-you really impress me as a momnurse! On the days when you are frustrated and pooped out (as opposed to pooped on) please remember that the very best medicine for Alan and the rest of your family is a mom who can laugh at and forgive herself and make room for extra hugs and kisses.
ReplyDelete