Monday, April 20, 2009

A modern village

This is a letter I sent out to my MOMS Club today. If you are a mom and aren't a member, what are you waiting for? Even before this all happened, the club has been a great source of support and networking, but since this all started, they have stepped in quickly and with a vengeance to help us.

Which is not to forget our wonderful neighbours, the PTA at Kevin's school, good friends and even friends of friends who have offered help and expressed an interest in Alan's progress. Now we have a chance to catch our breath, we might even be able to take everyone up on their offers!

Dear moms,

After two weeks in the hospital, we are home with Baby Alan. We still have a long road ahead of us, but we have started treatment for Alan's cancer and things look good. I wanted to let all of you know how much Harold and I have appreciated all the help and good wishes. Every e-mail, every comment on the blog, every card, every offer of meals and childcare and comfort, every hug has been cherished, not just for itself but also for the support it represents.If I haven't had a chance to respond directly to an e-mail or comment yet, please know that we are reading everything and will be in touch as things settle down.

As I have said, fighting this tumor is going to be a long term endeavor, so I will definitely be taking advantage of all the offers of meals and help. Cookie has set up a care calendar up for us with a few tentative dates, and once I figure out a post-diagnosis routine we will fill it in with more firm dates.

Everyone is really living the spirit of MOMS Club - Moms Offering Moms Support - and I am honored to be a part of it.

With thanks from the entire family

No comments:

Post a Comment