Diaper humour - proceed at your own risk!
A friend called to discuss a few things today, and asked me near the end of our conversation if I was serious about the biohazard diapers I had mentioned a few days ago. I told him that while, yes I do have to wear gloves and safely bag the diapers Alan produces during and for 48 hours after chemotherapy, the diapers I had placed in actual biohazard bags were standard baby diapers. The biohazard bags were merely the only appropriately sized bags available when we were in radiology and pre-op.
It reminded me of an amusing story though. When Alan had the bone scan on the third day, he was given a contrast about three hours before the scan. When we went down for the scan, the technician started it up, stopped it, then pulled Alan out. His diaper was full of the contrast and was interfering with the scan! We had to change his diaper before we proceeded with his test. After half an hour of having his bones scanned, Alan was tuckered out and we took the following picture.
Judy, I'm praying for Alan, and your whole family! I'm so glad things seem to be going well, and the swelling is going down!~Bliss
ReplyDeleteHe sure does look tuckered out! He's a fighter!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of you all and praying for a quick recovery.
Amy