Wednesday, April 29, 2009

At least his head is a cute shape

A few things happened yesterday. First, we figured out we'd be going home with the NG tube still in. Second, while trying to clean smushed-up french fry goop out of Alan's hair, I came away with a handful of hair. Finally, the amount of hair collecting on Alan's pillow case and sheets was getting thicker.

Since I figured the hair stylists at our regular salon wouldn't be comfortable cutting hair around the NG tube and the pace at which Alan was losing his hair seemed to be picking up, I had a stylist at the hospital come to our room to give Alan a haircut. While he still had a good amount of hair, the shedding was getting to be quite a mess, and I didn't think I would be able to handle the increasing patchiness on his head, especially since we hadn't even had his first hair cut yet. Better to take care if it all at once, while we had access to a hair stylist used to working around the NG tube.

Before


During


After


The haircut when as smoothly as can be expected. Alan was not too happy to have yet another person poking about him, but the stylist was able to save us a few locks from this first haircut and take care of the rest. Not quite the occasion I was looking forward to, but we can to the First Hair Cut ritual in the race car seat for his first post-chemo hair cut.

Once he was done, Alan was happy to be free to watch Baby Einstein again. Daddy was upset to see his bare little head, ironic since he'd been on Mommy's case to get Alan's hair cut for months. At least Alan has a cute shaped head.

3 comments:

  1. I think he looks adorable! You're right he does have a beautiful head! So glad you get to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's sad, under the circumstances, but he is so adorable!! The new hairdo makes his look even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so darn cute even without hair! It definitely enhances his facial features....those big beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete