We've been taking portraits of the boys at the same studio at least every six months since Kevin was born. With Alan's bout with cancer and it's side effects (bald head and feeding tube) we were thinking of waiting. But he's only 18 months once, and we'll never have this time back. I was chatting with one of my friends whose daughter had a feeding tube for a time and we talked about photos - at the time, she too wanted to wait until the tube was gone, until she realized how much she was missing.
After that conversation, we decided to go ahead with our
summer portrait session. The bald head and tube are our current reality. Now that he is no longer getting feeding boluses during the day, he's very active and playful, so the portrait session was a lot of fun. And call us biased, but he's still darned cute!
We love this one where Alan looks like he's telling Kevin to pay attention.

"Oh, did you want this?"

Since we had to cancel our trip to Mexico, we'll make do with this "beach".
They are adorable. I am glad you took them for the portraits. Back then, I debated whether to take Logan out for his done, and decided to wait till his tubes were out. I regretted that and never got the chance to have any nice formal portraits of him. I'm happy to see that Alan is happy and active!
ReplyDeleteThanks Virginia. I have to admit that you and Logan were on my mind too. I'm glad that you and Aiden had a great (albeit wet) trip!
ReplyDeleteWhoops! I meant Aidan.
ReplyDelete