Sunday, May 3, 2009

Relay For Life 2009



Friends have walked in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life for the last four years. It is a 12-hour overnight relay walk, where members of a team are on the track at all times from 7 PM to 7 AM.

I had supported their team, Friends for Life, in the past by attending the Bunco/Silent Auction fundraiser and coming out to celebrate the kick off of the Relay. I couldn't make it to Bunco this time because I was in the hospital with Baby Alan. So, this year, I decided to participate by walking in the relay. I also walked to celebrate friends and their parents who are fighting cancer or have survived their fight with cancer:
  • Julie Kerstetter
  • Shirley Loh
  • Reiko Matsuo
  • Margaret and Alan Wilfehrt
and to honour the memory of my dear cousin, Ruth Lieu. Thank you to our fellow team members who have been so encouraging and supportive of our participation and to everyone who sponsored our walk!

2 comments: