Friday, December 3, 2010

Ways to help!

*Updated:  12/4/10

Hello, everyone!  This is Emily, and I met Judy in the halls of Methodist Children's.  We were there with our own sweet baby boy, Collin, who fought cancer too.

I just wanted to post a quick note for those who are interested in helping Alan's family while he is hospitalized for his surgery.  Honestly, the thing that I believe would be the most helpful for this family right now is gift cards or cold, hard cash.  Judy has mentioned that there is a Target and a Kroger near the hospital, and gift cards to either of these would be very helpful.  Also, cash cards for meals at the food court in the hospital would be a great idea - these could also be used for gas.  Some family members are coming to help them, and they will have to stay in a hotel in Houston - if you would like to help with this expense, it would be appreciated.  Over the next two weeks, Judy and Harold will be preparing for Alan's major surgery and they will be dealing with the most severe part of his recovery - anything you can do right now to reduce their stress levels will be so much appreciated.  I would encourage you to go this weekend and buy a gift card or put some cash in an envelope and send it to them as soon as possible.  Don't delay - they need help now.  (I know Judy would not ask for this - but I will ask for them.)   Later, I believe there will be room for some more opportunities to help - toys for Alan and Kevin, help with dinners, help with Kevin, and they may need to borrow or buy a new stroller or carseat to accommodate Alan's cast.  Judy has updated a "wish-list" on Amazon for some items they will need at home after Alan's surgery:  Wish List

But for now, let's focus on what we can do to help Judy and Harold get settled this week so they can focus on their baby and what they need to do to help him.

Gift Cards - Target, Kroger, Visa.   Or Cash - for gas, meals in the hospital and everything else that comes up.  This weekend.  Or as soon as possible.

I know that Judy and Harold are so thankful for your support over these many months.  I know they will be very appreciative of anything you can do to help them now.

If you need a mailing address for Alan's family in Houston - email me at TeamCollin (at) yahoo (dot) com and I will send it to you.  Or for any other questions or suggestions or concerns regarding ways to help this family.  And leave them a comment below - tell them you're thinking about them, that you love them, that you're going to do what you can to help them - and then do it!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment