Alan,
I wish I could take the discomfort away from you and let me experience it in your place. The pleading look you give me during your brief periods of being awake just tears me up, knowing there isn't more I can do. At least I know that although I can't hold you yet, that even just gripping my finger with your hand seems to help, because you relax and fall back asleep, even if it's for a short time. I know because of being intubated that the small, raspy croak you make is you trying to cry, to let me know how much you hurt. I do hear you son, me and your mom and all the people that love you and care for you want to make it better.
It will get better son, we promise it will.
Love, Dad
This post tears me up. I know how you feel. Sending you hugs and prayers. Alan we are praying hard for you big guy. You are one strong little man!!!
ReplyDeleteI was crying as I read this letter, Harold & Judy. Please know that you're the best parents on the planet and you have the strongest little man around. Praying that God comforts you all during Alan's recovery. Wish we could help too but know that so many people are thinking of you and praying for you now. Kris, Michele, & Liam
ReplyDeleteOh Harold, I just want to give you a big hug. Alan will be better, and he will forget all this discomfort very soon. Trust me, I know how it feels to see your baby in so much pain. *big hug*
ReplyDeleteDear Harold and Judy,
ReplyDeleteAs I sit here with tears in my eyes, I have no idea what I could possibly say to make you feel any better. So all I know to do is share my prayer with you both.
Dear God,
Please lay your hands on this wonderful family. Please help them to keep up their amazing strength and courage. Please help them to feel your love for them in any way you can. Please give all the nurses, doctors and physical therapists the wisdom and knowledge to help Alan's recovery go as smoothly, comfortably and quickly as possible. Please Lord, watch over them day and night. Amen.
With Love,
Patricia Bowers
Dear Harold and Judy,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your letter. I can imagine how intimate this is- how it breaks your heart to see Alan go through this.
I pray that each day will be easier than the one before it, until this moment in your lives is just a memory that you look back on and can't remember all the details. Instead, you find that you have a healthy, and happy son and the rememberance of a time that tested your patience, faith and whole being.
Although the rest of us are preocuppied in our own lives- which seems trivial in comparison- know that you are not alone.
Adla