Sunday, October 18, 2009

Stalking the panda



Today we went downtown to the American Cancer Society's Cancer Kids Halloween Party. There was a costume contest, games, treats and lots of characters to meet including H.E. Buddy, Ronald McDonald (who did a magic show), Spongebob Squarepants, Hello Kitty, a whole troop of amazing Star Wars characters (Storm and Clone Troopers of every kind, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, ATAT and Death Star officers, and even a young Anakin Skywalker complete with two light sabers).



However, Alan's favourite, hands down, no contest was the panda bear! He monopolized the bear for a good 5-10 minutes, stopping traffic while he hugged, kissed, patted, and tackled the bear. Panda had a big soft tummy that Alan loved drumming on. Cameras were clicking and rolling because he was so adorable in his intense cuddling with the panda. He did several of his patented Ram'n'Rolls, the cat-like move in which he head butts you, sits down next to you, then rolls on the floor against your side. Panda tickled him as Alan lay on the floor, then laid down on the floor himself so Alan could belly flop him.






Tackling Panda!


Alan's patented Ram'n'Roll

We finally got Alan away from Panda, but he tracked him down again later during the party not once, but twice! It looks like we're going to be doing some shopping!



Kevin had fun fishing for treats and after watching Ronald McDonald's magic show, he got to meet a Storm Trooper face to face.



Alan had a grand time running around (especially since he had to keep tracking Panda down) and going up and down the stairs. He had fun cheering and clapping with the crowd, and the volunteers were egging him on. After such a fun morning, he had a nice long nap!

9 comments:

  1. PANDAS!!! (You knew I would be hypnotically attracted by that word, didn't you?) And indeed, that was a very cute panda, with your very cute kid. Let us know if he winds up in a local newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee! They were so adorable (not that I'm biased or anything). There was a camera from the local news there, but Alan didn't make the final edit. They got footage of him romping with the panda, so I may call the station to see if there's any way to get a copy of the footage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too cute! Your boys are just adorable! I am glad Alan has so much energy tackling and stalking the panda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! My name is Lisa Riddle and I was on the planning committee for the Halloween Party with ACS. My two co-workers and I fell in love with Little "Mister Cheeks" Alan! We crowded around him to watch him play with the Panda! I was at a meeting last night with ACS and they passed out a copy of your Blog and I was so happy to see little Alan.

    I just want you to know that from the day we crossed paths with you all that the girls and I have been praying for Alan and will continue until he is 100% well!

    God Bless.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! My name is Lisa Riddle and I was on the ACS planning committee for the Halloween Party. I was at an ACS meeting last night and they showed us your blog. Two of my co-workers and I watched Alan play with that Panda and thought is was so cute. I showed the girls in my office your blog this AM and they were so happy and as soon as I showed them his picture, they all said, "It's Alan"! They remembered his name! He made quite an impression!

    Please know that we are all praying for Alan!

    We are so happy we can keep up with him on your blog.

    Also, last night we decided that the young man who wore that Panda costume did such a great job that we are sending him two tickets to Fiesta Texas! The panda was a young college student from UTSA and I tell you he was quite moved by Little Alan.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted express my thanks. I did not expect to receive anything for just doing what little I could to do....... in bring some joy to Mr. Cheeks day at the Halloween Party. He touch my heart, I was crying and laughing at the same time in that Panda costume. Hugs and Kisses - Panda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can tell you that anytime Alan wants to see a Panda, we will make it happen!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Panda and Lisa('s?)! Alan got a couple of pandas for his birthday, but would definitely love to see Panda again!

    ReplyDelete