Checking our schedule at MD Anderson online yesterday we found out that Alan's MRI had been moved up to the end of next week, Friday June 22. It's half a week earlier than the previously scheduled MRI but falls on dates that Harold is supposed to work. While Judy can handle the MRI on her own, they both want to be in on the consultation as there are sure to be big decisions to be made. Luckily, today we got the update that the consultation with the radiation oncologist will be the same afternoon, cutting down the number of trips he will have to drop.
Alan continues to be very irritable, now with a rash and gurgling stomach. Looking up the side effects it seems the itching and stomach upset could be caused by the steroids. We'll drop them for now since they don't seem to be making him feel better and he's fighting when we administer it.
I am so sorry. I wish there were better words. I can' imagine how scary of a time this is. I will be praying constantly for Alan and for the radiation to work. I am so glad that you have such a great team of doctors working with Alan.
ReplyDelete