Saturday, November 14, 2009

Waiting

We've just been waiting all week, trying to live something like a normal life. We sent the copy of Alan's scans off to Doc L at MD Anderson on Wednesday, and confirmed Alan's PET-CT scan for next Wednesday. Obviously, the surgery with Doc R is postponed until we see what Doc L has to say and we see the results of the new scan. We're trying to see if Doc W can conference in if not attend our meeting with Doc P on Monday afternoon, so we can sort out their conflicting views. I know it's a virtual impossibility for them to agree but we hope it will help us make our decision.

Alan went off with Daddy on Thursday morning for some fresh air and exploration. He's been carrying around, belly-flopping and rubbing his head on Ping, the new panda toy/pillow/blanket he got for his birthday. We're off to a little friend's birthday party this morning. We'll try to enjoy this weekend, since there will be tough decisions ahead next week.

3 comments:

  1. Judy, we're thinking of you. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to live in limbo like this. I am proud of how you guys have stayed so positive thru it all. Alan is a very lucky guy to have you and Harold as his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan has a Panda! He is such a cutie!

    Big Hugs,

    The La Quinta Ladies (Lisa, Sandra & Monica)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy...I am praying for you and all of your boys...uncertainty is just miserable. I hope you can take a moment today andr ecognize that part of why Alan has done so well is because he has had you as a mommy. You are fierce, intelligent and clearly know your stuff...Be proud of the fact that you have become such a tenacious mama bear for your cub! You are setting a great example for the rest of us! patti

    ReplyDelete